Apps for iPad and iPhone
If there is one place to play online chess, this is it! On Playchess.com, the world’s biggest chess server, you will find 20,000 chess lovers every day, from all over the world. You will quickly find an opponent of your own playing strength, usually within seconds. You can kibitz grandmaster games and follow world class tournaments.
- Play Blitz and slow games
- Get a rating
- Watch live grandmaster games.
- Kibitz games in beautiful 3d sceneries
- Different piece sets
- Supports landscape and portrait
- Send challenges according to your favorite time control
- Board sounds
- Arrows indicating last move
- Navigate through game
- Click in the notation for easy navigation
- Figurines in notation
- Log in with your existing PlayChess account or create a new one.
- Option to purchase subscriptions.
- Supported languages: English, German, Spanish, French, Dutch.
View in iTunes
The whole history of chess in an app: 5 million chess games from 1624 till 2011! And every week new games from world class tournaments are added to it.
You can look through on your iPad all the great tournaments, like Zürich 1953 or the Fischer-Spassky match 1972, the chess detective story Karpov versus Korchnoi 1978 or Nakamura's amazing victory in Wijk aan Zee 2011. Or you can load the games of Magnus Carlsen and see what makes the young Norwegian so irresistible. And you can also study the latest opening variations and access statistcs for all opening positions. Whether you are a chess professional or an amateur: the ChessBase Online database will become indispensable from the first time you use it.
- 5 million games of chess: carefully edited and maintained by the ChessBase team of grandmasters
- weekly games update: up-to-date material from all important tournaments
- searchable by opening position, player, tournament, year
- super-rapid system response times
- for every opening position, all the moves and the statistics
- professional board graphics in 5 designs
- easy move entry
- games presented with complete notation
View in iTunes
BLACK EYE CHESS powered by Fritz&Chesster
The enthralling highscore game for the quick witted
Hundreds of thousands of children all over the world have learned to play chess with the chess teaching program "Fritz&Fertig". The chess battle is the development of one of the most popular training game which even chess grandmasters still enjoy playing from time to time. If you know the rules of chess and if you want to test how quick your wits are, this is for you!
The game is all about speed, because you are playing against a mercilessly ticking clock. You have one minute to capture as many pieces as possible. If you get them all, then a new position appears straight away. But be careful: every time you click on a piece wrongly you lose a point! The more pieces you click on correctly, the greater the number of points on your account. Like that you can work your way up to the top of the high scorers and become the champion!
- Cool chess training game for players great and small
- Developed from the internationally successful software "Fritz & Fertig"
- 1,000 for heaps of chess training
- It develops rapid vision of the links between captures: important for every good chess player
- Highscore list with the best players
- Select the pieces yourself: classical format or "Fritz and Fertig" style
- From the age of 6
The full PC-version "Fritz&Chesster" received many prizes at an international level: „Bologna New Media Prize“, Parents' Choice Gold Award, USA Today: five stars (of five), Washington Times: "Fritz&Chesster will turn junior into a grandmaster before mom and dad can say Svetozar Gligoric."
View in iTunes